Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sally Mann

I think Mann has her own style. She really enjoys taking photos to everything she find. Moreover, I like her children’s pictures. I think they are artistic. I really like the landscape in which these pictures had been taken, and the special effects that some of them have. Besides, I think that that photos express nature, childhood, life, innocence and humanity.

I think that Mann has her style as I already said. She loves taking pictures with different things although I think she does it also because she wants to have a controversy around her. She knows that that kind of things sell!

I don´t think Mann should be censored with the pictures that she has taken. There are not arguments for it. Meanwhile, I think that some kind of photos can affect different groups of people. Maybe because of religion, thoughts, a special sensibilities, etc. a group of people can feel that some pictures are undesirables. I consider that the bounders that artists have depend on the idiosyncratic of the specific public.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nati,

    According to your idea, Mann tries to provoke people, right? That is interesting because I think she just wants to show her speicial feeing. She does not attempt to provoke the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia,

    Perhaps you and Joe "will have to agree to disagree." I am nit sure whether she intends to provoke, but I do think she is aware of why her photos provoke some people even though she claims to be confused about why that happens.

    I also really like the landscape in which she took the photos of her children. Do you think the photos would be as magical if they had been taken in the suburbs or the city? How much of Mann's success depends on the environment in addition to her subject matter?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess I really think that the ladnscape in those photos was very important. It gives a special sense... it adorns the models. If thoso photos had been taken in another place, maybe the results had been diferent.

    Also, I think that the environment in each picture is almost one of the most importa things, because it brings a whole idea in the photo... I think that if we change the environment of a photo, it'll change a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Natalia!
    I don't think her photos are wants to have a controversy. She just want to express the beauty her think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree. The landscape is inextricable from the impact of those photos. How lucky she was to have such beautiful places at her disposal.

    ReplyDelete