Thursday, April 16, 2009

I like A Screetcar Desire. I think it is a classic movie that shows New Orleans 50 year ago. I love the small details that have the movie, like the dressing room, the music, and the way it shows the city. What I especially like is that even the relationship between Stanley and Stella is very bad; finally Stella understood that she has value and she needs respect. Also, I like the character of Blanche. She is a liar, but we have to understand that she has mental problems. The actuation of this actress is excellent. In contrast, I don´t agree when Stanley beat Stella and then she forgive him without any effort.

For me the more sympathetic is Blanche. She is a beautiful woman who has a bad moment in her life. She has suffered a lot, and she had to face her husband’s death. Besides, she has good feelings even though her brother in law is very rude with her. On the other hand, I think Stanley is the least sympathetic because he is very rude and antipathetic. He is very rude with his wife, he beat her, he raped his wife’s sister, and he used to scream all time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalia,

    You have written a very compelling argument; when you put it like that, I wonder if anyone could side with Stanley. I also find B. the most sympathetic, mostly because Stella's weakness and betrayal at the end is easy enough to understand, but very hard to forgive. Isn't the music excellent? I also love the rooms, balconies, everything about the setting. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete